Saturday 6 March 2010

Oranges are not the only fruit......

I attempted to add a new skill to my very sparce bow the other day...juggling, yes juggling. I don't mean the 'juggling a working and family life' kind of thing because, well A) I don't have a working life, I'm a student and B) I'm single. I mean juggling props, fire, cats...anything you like really.

I used 2 lovely ripe juicy oranges for my initial foray into such circus skills and if I'm being truly honest with you readers, it didn't go particularly well, in fact I would go so far as to say, shite! (sorry mum).

I stood over the couch so it would make it easier for the oranges to bounce when I dropped them, instead all I ended up doing was picking them up off the floor every 5 seconds, concussing a cat because it got in the way of my second attempt and ending up with 2 very bruised oranges.

I really don't think I'm going to be giving up my life anytime soon to run away and join the circus, I don't even the Cirque de Soleil will have me because I don't look particularly good in a glittery leotard, and I can't speak french very well. I'm proud of my valiant effort though, but my bow is going to remain sparce for now.

It has got me wondering what else I could try my hand at though, imagine how good being an expert in speed knitting, clog dancing or professional hedgehog wrestling would be on your CV...nope, I'm on my own with that one then!!

Till next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment