Thursday 4 March 2010

Hallelujah....

The sun it is a shining and with it some warmth and happiness.

I've just come back from having lunch with one of my friends, and for the first time since September last year we sat outside and stuffed our faces. It was heavenly, I think I may even have added to my freckle count too.

Don't get me wrong there's still a slight chill in the air but the sun's out and everything seems to be ok with the world....well for now, I'm sure I can find something to moan about just give me a bit of time.

Last night I went to a book reading by Jenn Ashworth at uni and it was really good (sorry to rub it in Martin!). Jenn's book A Kind of Intimacy is an absolute must read, it's very funny and is very northern, in sense of humour as well as setting. Jenn also writes a blog too, Every Day I Lie a Little, which I follow on here too.

As a newby writer myself it's great to go to things like this because it's always interesting to hear how other people write, where they get their inspiration from, motivation etc etc., and it also gives you the spur to carry on with your own writing because you know that you're not the only one with writers block sat there trying to figure out how to link 2 things together with absolutely no clue, so after 14 cups of tea, cleaning out the cat litter tray and scrubbing the loo to try and take your mind off it, you fnally get the spark.

I find staring at a blank computer screen (with it switched on...obviously) the most daunting thing ever, but I know writing is what I want to do with the rest of my days, so I keep staring till it all falls into place.

Anyway, on that note I'm off to make a cuppa and clean out the litter tray....

Till next time....x

1 comment:

  1. Ah as long as you enjoyed it! Long may the sun continue as it's doing at the mo :)

    ReplyDelete