Sunday 7 March 2010

I 'heart' Liverpool....


I've had a great day today...for a Sunday, cos I'm normally not struck for Sundays.
I went into Liverpool for a few hours today, which is one of my favourite places. I love the diversity, the buildings, the history, the shopping, the people...pretty much everything. I had to go to central library for some books (obviously, I wouldn't be getting a Black and Decker work bench from there would I...?!), and because it was so sunny I sat on the steps of the building next door, with a cuppa and my book. I took a couple of pictures which I will add to this (if I can do it right, lol), apologies if they are a bit fuzzy but I took them on my phone.

I have always liked Liverpool, I worked there for over 10 years until I was made redundant last year but I still go back and one of my favourite places to visit is The Tate, it's my inspiration for some of my writing as well as being somewhere for a few hours of pure escapism (and looking at some of the stuff and thinking....'nope, I just don't get it'!).

You just can't beat a bit of culture daaaaaarling!

Till next time....x
P.S The photo is the view from my spot on the steps, it's the back of St Georges Hall and the gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment