Sunday 14 March 2010

A celebration....

Firstly, I want to wish my Mum a Happy Mothers Day! I know I forgot to send a card (that makes me such a crap daughter), but I always say you can't put that much love in a card!! You know I love you so much and I appreciate everything you do for me.

I got another assignment out of the way this weekend (I don't normally do uni work over the weekend), it's the one I was telling you about the other day, choosing our own topic, question etc etc. Well it's all done, all 1874 words of it, so I think that's worth a celebration in itself.

While I was in uni yesterday holed up in my little carrel there were applicant visits and tours going on around and about campus, I did feel a bit like a goldfish at one point. There were groups of potential students and their parents wandering round, getting a feel for the place. I know how nervous I was when I first started and I'm not quite a spring chicken, but it must be really nerve-wracking for 18 and 19 year olds. Though I have to say it doesn't bode well for students when you can't tell the difference between the male and female loo's. I walked in to find some poor un-suspecting lad drying his hands in the ladies loo, and looking a bit confused and embrassed when I walked in. I can't deny it, I did laugh...not in his face that would be just rude, but after he walked out. It made me chuckle when I was driving home too, sad I know.

Well, not to harp on with my obsession for sunshine and blue skys but it's another lovely sunny day, just right for Mothers Day. So I think I will sign off and make the most of it.

Have fun my faithful band of 8 readers!

Till next time....x

2 comments:

  1. I didn't bother with a card this year, I think that's coz I got her a book so I thought the card was unnecessary. The book was Jo Brand's autobiography.
    I've done the wrong loo thing once :-( One of the most embarassing things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My folks are home for Easter so I'll have a belated Mothers day (and include it in with her birthday too). Lol

    Has Jenn Ashworth's book arrived yet?

    Oh no!, I feel bad now for giggling about the poor young guy in the ladies loo. Am I forgiven? :-)

    ReplyDelete