Friday 26 March 2010

Does my blog look big in this?.....

Dolly's off out tomorrow night to a wedding reception....2 friends of mine, Gail and Darren got married in Barbados a few weeks ago, and they're having a party tomorrow night at a hotel in Southport to celebrate they're happy occassion, which brings to the issue of what do I bloody wear??!

Now, my waistline exands and contracts more than your average pair of elasticated waist casual slacks, so I've a wardrobe full of clothes in various sizes ranging from 'wow, you look fantastic, have you lost weight?' to 'you look really well, that teepee style frock is really flattering' (code for, have you put weight on??). So I opened up the wardrobe doors the other night hoping to find a) Narnia b) Gok Wan and c) a miracle dress which i'd forgotten about and makes me look like I've got the figure of Beyonce. I have to admit, I found none of the above so I had a rummage around to see what I could find.

After sifting though umpteen pairs of shoes, enough scalves to keep a scarf shop going for months (now I know why i'm in a permanent state of skintness), and clothes I've not worn since Spandau Ballett were in the charts first time round (I'm sentimental, don't blame me), I think I've found an outfit, a nice green 50's style dress I bought about 4 years ago which I am going to accessorise up and add a little Dolly twist. That's after I've managed to squeeze myself into a pair of magic pants the size of a post-it note and with more lycra than Chris Hoy's cycling shorts!

Hopefully I'll get some nice pics for tomorrow night and might even be brave and post one on here, looking like a cross between a giant pea and a drag queen (no laughing!!).

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment