Tuesday 9 March 2010

Bring on the summer....


You know when you get reminded of a song which just epitomises summer, sunshine, good times and general merriment all round, well that happened to me yesterday and I've had the song on a loop practically ever since. Martin mentioned in his blog yesterday about the song 'California Soul' by Marlena Shaw and it has just made me smile and put me in a great mood ever since. Thanks Martin :-) It has to be a definitive summer song and I defy anyone not to imagine warm summer days, and long summer nights when they listen to it. Fantastic.

Well, it was our option module presentation today and I think I've made my decision. My I's and T's are pretty much punctuated (does that make sense...I don't think it does, oh well), and I've decided Contested Masculinities and Writing The Supernatural are the ones for me. I've just got to put the ticks in the boxes....that's the bit I'm really nervous about, wow, proper grown up stuff. Lol

Well back to summer and good times etc etc, my neighbours have bought the most amazing little caravan and I want one! I've attached a pic so you can see how fab it is. Anyone fancy chipping in and getting one with me and coming on a road trip??

Till next time....x

4 comments:

  1. Just waiting on the lottery now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I'm hoping appearances are deceptive and inside it's like a winnebego (sorry, dodgy spelling). Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha yeah would be good. I don't watch Doctor Who myself, but if twas like the tardis I guess that'd be pretty neat. Well, if it was more femenine, I don't think it's very female friendly but I could be wrong. Why am I talking so much about the tardis?
    I gotta go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahahaha, you really made me giggle.

    I agree it's not too female friendly but it looks cool and thats all the matters, tardis or no tardis, I just need to trade in my aged punto for a little sporty convertable (i'll keep buying the lottery tickets!, lol). x

    ReplyDelete