Monday 22 March 2010

The one and only......


Well it's the first day of my three week break from uni and so far I've had a great big ol' chill out. My couch has got an my arse shaped dint in it from a weekend of my arse creating said dint. I've only moved off the couch to make tea, food, answer the door and bathroom visits (too much information I know, but we know each other well enough now we can share these things!). It has been heavenly bliss on a stick, but it won't last forever.


I can't say my lie in's have been much to blog about though, I've got roadworks going on outside Dolly Peg towers, have done for nearly 3 weeks now and at 8am, I'm getting woken up by JCB's, jack hammers and workmen digging up and filling in the same bit of road even on saturday morning. I have to admit I was 'that close' to stropping out there in my pj's and slippers and telling them to take their jack hammers and stick it where the JCB's don't shine, but I didn't look my best, more 'hell's occupying screaming banshee' than 'demure Dolly'. Needless to say I pulled the duvet over my head and muttered to myself for half an hour before I got up and stropped around the flat!!


My lovely gorgeous mum has taken pity on me and sent a Tesco food shop for me....ok, I may have heavily hinted at it on Saturday when I rang up, but I am very grateful nonetheless. Ordering with Tesco online is a bit faffy if you don't do it very often so the element of surprise is always what my mum has ordered, and in what quantity it will turn up. Well I am now the proud owner of.......1 Apple! Trying to do my bit for the 5 a day campaign (I wrote them on the list so that counts aswell, obviously!) I asked for some apples. I've now got 1 single, solitary, juicy green golden delicious. It's a beauty and I've included a little pic of it in all it's glory. This has happened before with bananas, mum thought she was ordering 1 bag but instead just 1 arrived. In my mothers defence she only uses the online ordering service 2 or 3 times a year and it always changes during this time, but it still makes me laugh.


It's not boding well for me is it.....?!


Till next time....x


2 comments:

  1. Bloody road works!!! Leave the roads alone, what did they ever do to anyone?
    How'd the apple taste btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple was lovely and definitely worth the 24p! hahaha

    The road works are driving my mad but I'm sure they'll be finished soon enough, just one of those things.

    ReplyDelete