Sunday 14 February 2010

The soundtrack to your life....

I love music, in fact I would go so far as to say I LOVE music (well it is Valentines Day!!).

Now, I like to say I have an eclectic taste in music but several of my friends, (mentioning no names...Mike and Steve!) would say it's shit. There is nothing wrong with having a varied taste I like to think and this ranges from rock music all the way along the spectrum to 70' disco, but bi-passing country and western, thrash metal and drum and base, it's just noise!

My love for Bryan Adams goes back to my teens and I am not ashamed to say I would marry him tomorrow if he asked me (while I'm still breathing there is always the possibility...), and I'm currently listening to Embrace 'All You Good Good People'...it's an anthem and their gig at the Royal Court in Liverpool is one of the best I have ever been too.

Music does many different things for me, it can bring back memories of certain times and places eg Crazy by Gnarls Barkley reminds me of Amsterdam, Elbow's 'Seldom Seen Kid' is one of the best albums ever written and Michael Jackson, well his music will live on forever.

Music (along with chocolate) is the food for the soul and if I ever get stranded on a desert island with nothing more than an iPod (or other generic mp3 player!!) and a family size bag of minstrels I will be a happy Dolly Peg indeed.

P.S I also reserve my right to watch, criticise and love Eurovision.

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment