Wednesday 10 February 2010

A break from the norm...

I went to see Avatar tonight. Now I'm not normally the type of girl who would go and watch an animated 3D sci-fantasy film about 7ft blue people romping around a forrest, but I can honestly say it was the most amazingly beautiful film I have ever watched (with the exception of Mary Poppins, but I'm biased).

But it just goes to show we should all do something which is a 'break from the norm' more often - but that doesn't include choosing raspberry yoghurt over a strawberry one every now and again and cracking out the party poppers when you do!

I suppose my most major break from the norm is going to uni at 35. Yup, I'm a mature student (mature being used in the loosest sense of the word...). After plying my trade as a legal secretary (though I would say skivvy) for 15 years I was made redundant last year and here I am doing my degree. There are definite advantages to being a mature student...eg watching about 30 gorgeous young blokes running around a rugby pitch on a Wednesday afternoon, you certainly wouldn't get that in an office, no siree!

I don't regret a single second of my decision, it is truly the best one I have ever made. I may be as skint as they come but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment