Tuesday 9 February 2010

I'm single, it's not a disease...

It's a good job I'm not insecure about myself or in such a delicate frame of mind that my current state of singledom depresses me.

Is it me or recently have there been loads of articles called "10 reasons why you're still single", "how to bag the man of your dreams with these easy steps", "What makes us attractive" and "C'mon love, have you looked in the mirror lately, you're a bit of a munter!!". (ok, so I made the last one up but I bet it won't be long before we see it).

I've been single for a while and contrary to popular social thinking, I am not depressed about it or ready to hurl myself under the nearest speeding Northern Line train or a social outcast where folk have to walk on the other side of the road to avoid me, just because of my lack of a plus one.

I quite enjoy being single, I am happy for the most part. It would be nice to have a plus one around the place if simply just to empty the cat litter tray and put the bins out every now and again.

So until the day when the love of my life (who is Jason Statham) comes bounding into my life at Dolly Peg towers in his Vauxhall Cavalier declaring his undying love with a bunch of carnations, I am going to carry on quite happily as I have been...or maybe that's where I'm going wrong??!

Till next time...x

1 comment:

  1. Yeah it seems to be all some of my mates go on about, it aint the be all and end all every single hour of every day!

    ReplyDelete