Saturday 13 February 2010

The future is bleak...

I think I'm turning into my mother! Yep, it's started already...I'm 35 (but not looking a day over 26!) and hurtling towards insanity, fooked up words and cursing myself because I didn't put the washing on the line when it's tropical outside.

I love my mother unconditionally and she knows this but there are times when quite frankly it doesn't help.

Take for example the other morning. I'd not been up and about long, not had my first cuppa of the day when I thought my two cats were sat by my leg wanting a tickle behind the ear before I chucked them out for the day. I made a fuss of Minnie for a minute or two, and she trotted off quite happily. I then bent down to make a fuss of Flick but when my hand was waving about in thin air with no cat to tickle, I looked down and realised it was a black vest on the floor and not a cat...(ahem).

But the best has to go to my mum. She has come out with some peachy lines in the past, far to many to tell you here, but this makes me laugh every single time. We were talking about the family tree (my dad was tracing it a while ago, we now know the death stare runs through the family...you have been warned), and my mum pipes up quite matter of fact "...oh yes, do you remember when your Dad was tracing the family antlers"....."the family what mum, do you mean ancestors?", "oh yes them too". (I guess you had to be there!).

It's a slippery slope it really is......

Till next time...x

2 comments:

  1. I think you notice that as soon as you start looking. Have you ever read 'This be the Verse' by Philip Larkin? That puts it very bluntly lol.

    ReplyDelete