Monday 15 February 2010

I need my fix....

I have an addiction (apart from chocolate) and I'm currently going through cold turkey.

My name is Dolly Peg and I am addicted to glossy magazines.......there I said it!

I can't help it, ever since I was a teenager and buying my first copy of Jackie and Smash Hits (I nearly fainted once in WH Smith when there was a double sided poster of Bros in Smash Hits!), I've been addicted to the shiny, inviting glossy pages like Katie Price is to wedding rings. I currently subscribe to Glamour (my absolute favourite of them all) and Marie Claire, sadly my student budget can't stretch to any more. I have been known in the past to buy 2 or 3 copies of the same magazine if the free gift comes in different colours, options or special editions...yes, I am that bad.

However, I've had to curb my addiction recently because of my degree with just not having the time to read them, but over Christmas I got the chance to catch up and devoured every single word, photograph and advert as though I would never see them again.

I justify my addiction as market research (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!) and as being a newby writer I would love to be published in my favourite glossies one day. To see my name printed in the glossy wonderfulness that is Glamour magazine would have a special victory dance all of its own!

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment