Tuesday 16 February 2010

If it's meant to be...

Affairs of the heart never fail to get me into a mess of butterflies in the tummy and a tongue tied heap of shyness.

Don't get me wrong I have confidence where I need it for the most part, but when it comes to telling someone how I feel...forget it, I lose my bottle and I would rather be stood in the buff (though I wouldn't recommend that scenario either!).

I have never been one of those girls who has guys queuing up to date her, I've just kind of bumbled along being the 'good mate' instead of the 'date'.

Right now, for instance, there is someone I really like, (no I'm not going to name name's!), but my shyness and 'self-preservation' is stopping me from saying anything. Don't get me wrong I am all for being a 21st century girl and asking a guy out, but when you have tried the 21st century approach and it's fallen flat on its arse, well I guess I've learnt my lesson.

I don't know how to let this person know I like them or if they even 'like' me in the same way, so for now I think silence is golden, and as I always say...if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be.

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment