Monday 19 April 2010

Get your finger out Aeolus!....

I apologise in advance if this turns into a rant but I'm not arf getting pipped off with this volcanic ash business. Whats going on??! The reason for my 'on the verge of hysteria-ness' is I'm going away next week for a few days and I need all this volcano ash to be gone, spewing the other way or just generally not there. I'm selfish I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only one to be having a moan about it, natural disasters don't half scupper your plans sometimes. If it doesn't settle I'm considering water skiing over, I admit not the most attractive look I've ever carried off it'll be like watching a penguin on two ice lolly sticks!, but it beats swimming or rowing there.

And whats with having no wind to blow it in the other direction? It's sods law, because I can bet you a pound to a penny as soon as I book to get my hair done it'll be hurricane fred outside ready to get my salon spruced tresses looking like the wild woman of borneo, coincidence, hmmmmm..........

It was the same at christmas with the eurotunnel train fiasco, all the controls had frozen so the trains wouldn't work...err, hang on, don't the trains operate under the sea away from all the ice and snow????

I feel better for a moan now, I've got it off my chest.

So my jaunt to the land of red light bulbs and tulips is next week. I promise I won't mention Amsterdam till I get back because I do have a tendancy to whitter on about it and I can tell you're all bored already, so I'll shut up. But I will say this, it's a beautiful city and if you get the chance to go, do, and go off the tourist trail, that way you find some fantastic bars etc., and save yourself a few euros too.

I hope you all had a great weekend by the way.

Till next time...x

2 comments:

  1. 'They' are supposed to be looking into another safety appraisal soon, I believe. It should've been asap after the first one, but hopefully it will soon reveal that you'll be safe to go on your well-earned break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do feel better for having a moan about it, more frustration than anything, but makes you realise nature wins every single time...technology can't fight nature! Whoa, where did that come from??! I need a lie down now!

    ReplyDelete