Tuesday 13 April 2010

Well.....

Ok, ok so I jinxed the weather and it's freezing again. From 2pm this afternoon it's been cloudy, cold and greyer than it was yesterday. That's the last time I do a weather prediction...a weather girl I'm not, obviously!

However, that doesn't mean to say it's detracted away from my lovely mood. I only had a brief chance to catch up with my online life this morning before I had to spend an hour making myself look presentable for uni today, and I was reading blogs posted and saw one to Dolly from Martin, I can honestly say it's left me speechless at the genuine, heartfelt words. I'm truly touched by what he said, thank you so much Martin ;-)

Sorry this blog has taken me so long to write, I've been on the phone to one of my best mates, Di. When we get talking there's no stopping us and the conversation can cover anything from Abba to Zulu Warriors (and whatever happens to fall in between). Hi Di.

I got my 1950's fiction piece back yesterday and I'm really chuffed with my mark so I'm going to submit it for a writing competition. Why not, I've nothing to lose and possibly lots to gain. We have to take risks in life or else we'd never achieve anything. I've taken a risk today, it's something I had to do. Whilst it's not parachuting onto a li-lo in the middle of the mersey or volunteering to climb snowdon in a tutu and fairy wings (oh what a vision that creates....), it's a personal risk.

Tomorrow it's a trip to central library in Liverpool AGAIN! I'm thinking of moving in there with a sleeping bag and a thermos. I'm slowly making my way through books in there for assignments like Tiger Woods made his way through extra-marital hi-jinks (allegedly!!). Shakespeare is quite honestly killing my brain one cell at a time and there's not many in there with a capacity over 0.000000001% so, I need all the help I can get. My workload list is mounting up to, so it's about time I actually applied myself and got some work done....think I'll just make a cuppa first, anyone for a cuppa??

So I'm 3 weeks away from finishing my first year as a student, only another 2 years to go before I can (hopefully) walk up onto that stage in my cap and gown, trying my best not to trip up the steps, go arse over tit and falling at the feet of the main handshaker who gives us the pieces of paper we've accumulated a third world debt for, a stoop from carrying so many books and an aversion to reading any material other than The Metro or Facebook status updates. I know in my heart I have not one single second of regret doing this, it's the best decision I have ever made...and there endeth the sermon according to St Dolly of Peg.

Till next time....x

1 comment:

  1. Ooh yeah I'll have a brew!
    I'm worried about tripping up on the stage too, I'm a clumsy oik at the best of times! Probably the more you worry about it the more likely it'll be to happen.

    ReplyDelete