Friday 23 April 2010

That was the week that was.....

Well my lovelies, it's Friday (thank God!) and I'm sat at home nursing a stonker of a cold, a croaky squeak of a voice and a cuppa.

Presentation was done today and is now out of the way and not to be worried about anymore. All went ok, I was nervous and talked into the piece of paper a lot, but hey, I had 1953 words to try and tell people without sounding like an incompetent muppet, pressure! But all was received well, I stumbled on my questions a little bit but that will come with practice and confidence, it's a learning curve (ooh, I do sound naff don't I??). I planned to use diversion tactics and wore some nice shoes so people might not notice what was going on above the ankles, not sure if it worked. I did apologise to my group in advance for the utter pile of poop I was going to present to them. All in all though I was happy with how things went.

I've just spent a great afternoon with Martin playing pool. We had such a laugh my cheeks are hurting from laughing. The scores pretty much evened themselves out and I think we can declare it a draw even though we ended potting some of each others balls, and potting the white on a fairly regular basis. Jack joined us as well later on and the three of us had a really good afternoon (well I hope the other two did, I know I did, hahaha), especially after it being one of those weeks.

I need to sort out my wardrobe attire for my holiday next week. I am staying with my gorgeous friend Garry for the week...god help him! hahaha, I'm joking Garry, I am well house-trained and make a cracking cuppa :-)

I'm reading out at our group presentation for Creative Writing on Monday (if my croaky squeak holds out that long)...nerves again. I'm not standing on that bloody stage again though, no siree! The only time you'll see me on stage again is accepting my oscar!

Right lovelies, I hope you have a great weekend and whatever you do it makes you smile.

Till next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment