Tuesday 4 May 2010

Cloggy Dolly and the 8 bananas.....

Well I survived...just, but my voice didn't. I'm nursing dulcet tones huskier than Mariella Frostrup with a chest infection, which while it might be sexy for the most part, loses it a bit when I have a coughing fit, but we can gloss over that minor detail.

Well, first and foremost I want to say a HUGE thank you to my gorgeous friend Garry for giving me a home for the past few days whilst I was there. He really is a fabulous friend....and little does he know I'm moving back in next week, hahaha (oh and it's dark orange not RED!). I was touched (not in that way!) by all of the Amsterdam lovelies this weekend, I love and miss you all.

Well, it's been an eventful few days to say the least, I managed to get sunburnt on the one day of hot weather and I'm nursing a huge bruise on my leg, no idea how I got it, I've also got a huge bruise on my arm because I kept banging it on the door handle...you'd think I'd learn my lesson from the first half a dozen times I did it, nooooo, I carried on doing it.

Queens Day itself was a fantastic day with so much orangeness, drinking, dancing and good times that I hardly took any photos at all, and thats not like me, I normally end up getting completely snap happy. I've got a few on my phone so i'll try and find one which doesn't a) make me look like life size orange with legs b) a dodgy looking carrot or c) pissed!

Dolly went for dinner with Mary, Dette, Gisele and Rob on Saturday night to Gaucho's and I've not laughed so much in god knows how long, I was limp with laughter. We did end up though with a lovely present for Garry and a matching one for Gisele...and I'm still finding toothpicks!!! A word to the wise though, might be best not asking me to order Empenada's for your starter if we should happen to go together, you could end up with 8 bananas instead, hahahaha (you had to be there I think for that one...ahem). I'm also on a mission to see if I can get mutton flaps over here (now you lot are just being filthy), it's a joint of mutton meat, trust me...would I lie to you??!!!

Sunday was spent in the pub watching the footy, reading the papers and trying to avoid some very disappointed Ajax supporters from the pub 2 doors down. Riot police and undercover rozzers everywhere...I nearly ran outside begging to get myself arrested, nevermind the footy hooligans, you just don't get that at Southport FC!

And to top off an already fantastic weekend, I went to see Imelda May at Melkweg. She was fantastic. I've not heard her music before but I would definitely go and see her again, check her out if you get the chance. Fantastic voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZucJAkzCNq8&feature=related (not sure if this breaks copyright, but hey, it's on youtube!).

Well I think I'll leave it there, you're all probably nodding off by now anyway I've whittered on that long. It's going to take another day or two to fully recover I think and bring my raspy, knackered voice back to normal. Anyway...

Till next time...x

3 comments:

  1. Having fun is pretty much an art form, and you must suffer for your art. In other words, the more injuries you end up with, the fun-er your experience was! Lol.
    Glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did, I had a fantastic time, I always do.

    How on earth I've ended up with the bruise on my leg is a complete and utter mystery, it's massive (well I think it is, others would disagree), as for the husky voice it's a hazard of the job. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your raspy voice is sexy! It adds to your oozing! Bless you and your injuries! And your mutton flaps! xx

    ReplyDelete