Thursday 6 May 2010

Which camp did you pitch your tent in?...

I'm not one for spouting political type stuff, mainly because I don't know much about politics, but that's not to say I don't take an interest and at the end of the day I want what's best for me.

Today it's Election day and all we've had for weeks is party campaigning etc etc., and today it's finally D Day. So which camp did you pitch your voters tent in? I'm a new supporter to Nick 'the dark horse of the election' Clegg and i've surprised myself, as I've always supported 'Things can only get better' Labour for years, and the day I vote for David 'would you buy a used car of this man' Cameron, is the day they cart me off for electric shock therapy! My tick is firmly in the Cleggsters box this time. I think as a nation we need a change, we need a new and fresh perspective on how our country is run. We've been dominated by the same parties for donkey's years, and as the saying goes, a change is as good as a rest.

OK, so we're suddenly not going to end up thousands of pounds richer by the end of next week and have endless days of sunshine, it's going to take a long time to get back to any kind of normality, but the fact that it looks likely we could be in for a hung parliament this time shows that people are sick to the back teeth and want a change.

When I went to do my bit for Queen and country this morning it was really busy and I had to queue...I've never had to queue before when I've gone to vote!!! Before you think I'm up there with the bra burning feminists of this land I'm not, but I think that we live in a democracy and if you're given the opportunity to vote you should use it, and you don't necessarily have to go and stand in a school hall or portakabin to do it. You can't complain about the state of the nation if you don't do your bit to try and change it.

So, we shall just have to see what happens this evening and overnight with the results...it really is going to be tighter than an 80's rock stars jeans but it's going to make compulsive viewing.

You go Cleggster...give me a C, give me an L......

Till next time...x

No comments:

Post a Comment