Tuesday 31 August 2010

Of all the gin joints in all the world.....

Bonjour, ca va?

I know it's been a while, I do have excuses but we both know that basically it boils down to my blatant laziness.

Well I've now finished earning an honest crust. I finished work on Wednesday and I can honestly say I'm glad. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed working there and was very lucky to have a temp job which lasted the whole summer, but now I just want to get started back at uni.

I've also had my last holiday of the year too. I went to Paris. It was utterly amazing and I loved every second, though it did kind of turn into two holidays for the price of one, what started out as a one night stay turned into three nights, thanks to Easyjet, the French and Eurodisney. Yup, I got caught in one of the famous French downtools and sod the consquences strikes. Our flight home was cancelled and after much running up and down airports, sweating, exascberated pleadings and general thoughts of 'ah, fuck it' we were re-housed in euro disney for 2 days and nights. I can honestly say it's on of the funniest holidays I've ever had.

Now for anyone who knows me I am the least Disney person you know, shoes are my disney, as are handbags, clothes and other paraphanalia, but I will admit with my hand on my heart that it really is a fatantastic place if you like that sort of thing. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed myself but after an hour shopping in the Disney store, I was starting to go slightly insane and had to make my escape and sit outside, and you certainly don't expect to see folk going past your bedroom window in a morning on a horse and have Bonanza, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, and Calamity Jane tickling your ear drums all day every day. It all just added to the spirit of the holiday though.

Paris was amazing. It is romantic and I was there with one of my best friends who I love dearly, but it would also be fabulous to share it with that someone special who captures your heart just like the city does. I am going to try and post the link to the photo's on my facebook page on here for anyone who wants a look. It is, without a doubt a city you need to visit.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=201969&id=731666864&l=a559f4833b

The highlight though, was the Eiffel tower sparkling at night. It just made the holiday for me and was so beautiful. It captivates every fibre of you and I defy anyone not to be wowed by it.

I love travelling.

Till next time....x

No comments:

Post a Comment