Tuesday 15 November 2011

Cup of tea....?

I've not been on here for a few months, what can I say, I've been a busy lass. I suppose that's no excuse really is it, but you know me, I only say something if I have something to say or I'm bored and fancy whittering on for a few minutes.

A lot has happened since we last met and we shared a cup of tea and a kitkat. Not all of it is worth telling you, some of it is just self-preservation and some of it is just boring and you'd be waving me ta-ra before you'd finished the paragraph. I can tell you I turned 37 (I know, I don't look a day over 26, ahem), got so disgustingly drunk I'm now completely tee-total (apart from a cheeky drink at my works Christmas do in a few weeks), and I'm trying to get my arse into gear with Uni work....and failing completely miserably, but we all can't be good at everything.

As you all know I write, not as often as I should or anything that's going to win me the next Man Booker Prize, but I like to do it for catharsis and therapy. The other day I found something I wrote about 6 years ago. It's probably the most honest thing I've ever written and it was a big blast from the past, but also a huge insight to where my life was at the time and how much I've moved on since then. It felt like I was going back and reading my old teenage diary, like I was invading my own privacy. I didn't read it all, just the first page, that was enough, it's best left in the past.

I've been on a bit of a book buying frenzy recently and I've been buying books I've never read, should read and some for just pure indulgence. It makes a change from buying clothes and shoes all the time.....ooooh I really do need to go shoe shopping though.

It's not arf gone cold now hasn't it? It seems like summer, or what we very very loosely called a summer...lets face it, it was just warmer rain, was so long ago. I hate the cold, I'm so nesh it's pathetic, anything cooler than 15 degrees and I'm ready to get out the blankets and put the heating on.

Well, I think it's time for me to put the kettle on. A friend recently called me a tea whore, and I can hardly deny it :)

Hopefully, I won't leave it as long next time.

Till next time....x

P.S. I'm going to see Bryan Adams in two weeks and I'm so excited I might literally wet myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment