Saturday 19 March 2011

It's not neglect, it's tough love.....

Ok, I'm here. Yes, I know, I know, I won't insult your intelligence with excuses, but I'm here and alive and sat in on a Saturday night with a glass of lemonade and 2 cats for company. Wooo, rock and roll!

So what's been happening, have I missed much? Shall I put the kettle on and we can have a bloody good gossip? Hello to my new followers too, you are both very kind indeed and are welcome anytime for a cuppa tea and a kit kat.

Not that I'm all about myself but I suppose I should tell you what I've been up to since I've not been around for nye on three months. In my defence I have been busy, I've been a bridesmaid for the fourth time for my brother and his lovely wife, Dani. It was a lovely day, really nice and relaxing. The studies have been busy and I'm presenting my first academic paper on Lord Byron on 25 May. Yup, squeaky bum time because all I know about Byron is he was a Lord....and a man.....! Stunning revelation that is, not sure I can eek it out into 15 minutes though, I'll give it a damn good try.

I've also taken over at the Black Market Review, http://www.blackmarketreview.com/as Editor in Chief (well I will do once the current edition has been published). To say I'm nervous about it, is an understatement, but it's a challenge and one which hopefully I won't fuck up. If you get a chance, please have a look at it, it really is very good.

There's been more domestics with my neighbours next door than on your average weekly Eastenders plot. It really does make for a fascinating listen on a boring Thursday night. Several evenings have passed with door slamming, crying and shouting of 'your an evil bastard you are'. Ahhh, and who could forget the Polish love muscle from Flat 2 and his infamous 3 second knee tremblers. You'd think I live in the doldrums somewhere, I don't, I only live in Southport.

Well my beauties I think I shall leave it there for now. If you have any gossip you think I'd love (and I do love a gossip) then pass it on.

I'm going to see Elbow tomorrow night at the Echo Arena and to say I am excited is an understatement. I will be worshipping at the feet of Guy Garvey like a lyric obsessed junkie (his lyrics are my kind of poetry).

Good night all.

Till next time...x


1 comment:

  1. Oh congrats to your brother!
    Always glad to see a Dolly blog, how's life treating ye?

    ReplyDelete